McDonald Lamond Canzoneri is a union-side labor law firm, representing unions in both private and public sector settings. The firm prides itself on representing clients at the highest level of quality and expertise at hearings and in the briefs that it prepares in advocating for clients and with having close rapport with clients in all phases of work.
With regard to public sector unions, the firm as well has extensive experience and expertise in several areas:
- Preparing representation petitions, representing clients at related hearings before the Commonwealth Employee Relations Board (formerly known as the Labor Relations Commission);
- Preparing prohibited practice charges, research and writing briefs in support of client position regarding charge, and representing clients at hearings before the Commonwealth Employee Relations Board (formerly known as the Labor Relations Commission);
- Research and drafting briefs for appeal of, or in support of, rulings of the Commonwealth Employee Relations Board, or the Massachusetts Appeals Court and Supreme Judicial Court;
- Meeting with client to prepare well-drafted contract language proposals and counter proposals specifically addressing clients needs and concerns and acting as chief spokesperson for union at collective bargaining negotiations;
- Representing and advocating for public safety unions at interest arbitration before a panel of arbitrators appointed by the Commonwealth’s Joint Labor Management Committee (JLMC);
- Providing public relations services including drafting press releases and managing press conferences for union clients;
- Handling all aspects of grievance arbitration, from pre-filing analysis of grievances, filing for arbitration and selection of arbitrators, detailed preparation and investigation for arbitration, representation of the union at the arbitration hearing, and drafting well-researched and written arbitration briefs in support of union position; and
- Handling all aspects of legal action relating to arbitration, such as prosecuting or defending lawsuits for injunctions against arbitration, enforcing or vacating arbitration awards, and enforcement of arbitration subpoenas in Superior Court, and before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and Supreme Judicial Court.