- Smith College, B.A., Cum Laude, 1994
- University of Massachusetts, M.S. Labor Studies, 2000
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2015
Bar and Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar, 2015
Labor Law: representation of labor unions in all aspects of union functions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2015, Attorney Allison J. Zimmon worked as a union representative for several unions, including the Massachusetts Nurses Association. As a union representative, Attorney Zimmon represented employees in both public and private employment settings and negotiated numerous collective bargaining agreements and settlements. In addition, Attorney Zimmon advised union members on employment matters including salary, benefits, and disciplinary actions.
While in law school, Attorney Zimmon served as a judicial law clerk to the administrative magistrates of the Massachusetts Division of Administrative Law Appeals and as a law clerk for a Boston labor law firm. Attorney Zimmon also worked as a Rule 3:03 Student Attorney at the Boston College Legal Services Legal Assistance Bureau where she represented needy clients in a variety of civil litigation matters before state courts and government agencies.
During her second and third years of law school, Attorney Zimmon was selected to be a Staff Writer and a Managing Editor of the Boston College Journal of Law and Social Justice. Both her Comment and Note were selected for publication by the journal.
- Comment, Still Out of Step: The Sixth Circuit’s Adoption of a “But-For” Standard for ADA Plaintiffs in Lewis v. Humboldt Acquisition Corp., 34 B.C.J.L. & Soc. Just. 87 (2014), http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/jlsj/vol34/iss3/9
- Note, Rx for Costly Credit: Medical Credit Cards Do More Harm Than Good, 35 B.C.J.L. & Soc. Just. 319 (2015), http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/jlsj/vol35/iss2/6