- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A. (Music), cum laude, 1984
- University of Cincinnati College- Conservatory of Music, Masters studies in trumpet performance, 1984-88
- State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar, 1993
- United States District Court – Massachusetts, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals – First Circuit, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals – District of Columbia Circuit, 2001
Labor Law: representation of labor unions in all aspects of union functions.
Attorney Jack J. Canzoneri has been practicing exclusively union-side labor and employment law with the firm since 1993. He serves as labor counsel to numerous labor unions for collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations, and interest arbitrations. He also has represented labor union clients extensively in unfair labor practice litigation and representation hearings at the Massachusetts Division Of Labor Relations (DLR) and the National Labor Relations Board, and has handled appeals of state and federal court matters. Attorney Canzoneri has been chief spokesperson at negotiations for labor union clients, and for police union clients has represented police at interest arbitration before arbitration panels appointed by the Joint Labor Management Committee. Attorney Canzoneri handles all aspects of the arbitration of grievances from pre-arbitration evaluation, to investigation and preparation for hearing, to representation of the union at hearing.
In litigation aspects of his practice, Attorney Canzoneri has handled numerous matters relating to individual and class-action matters involving federal and state statutes, including the Fair Labor Standard Act, and anti-discrimination laws, as well as litigation in federal and state court relating to defending and enforcing arbitration awards. He has argued before appeals courts in Massachusetts and on multiple occasions before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.