- Syracuse University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2000
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Bar and Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar, January 2006
- United States District Court – Massachusetts, 2007
- United States Court of Appeals – First Circuit, 2008
Labor Law: representation of labor unions in all aspects of union functions.
Attorney Jason R. Powalisz has been practicing exclusively union-side labor and employment law with the firm since 2006. Attorney Powalisz graduated from Northeastern University School of Law in 2005. While at Northeastern, he completed internships with a Federal Magistrate Judge, in-house counsel for a large public-sector union, and with two union-side labor law firms. He represents unions at grievance arbitrations, interest arbitrations, prohibited practice charge hearings, unfair labor practice investigations, and representation hearings. This includes work before arbitrators, the Massachusetts Division of Labor Relations, the Joint Labor Management Committee, and the National Labor Relations Board. He also works with individual clients on Civil Service Commission cases, unemployment appeals, and on litigation in state and federal courts.